Thursday, December 31, 2009

Standing On the Border of the New Year . . .


One foot in 2009, one nearly in 2010, ready to leap from the old to the new. Before looking ahead though, it's time to take a walk down memory lane, look at the past year, nod to the bad as well as the good, and move on to the clean slate awaiting me just 2 short hours from now.

It's been a year of extreme highs - we bought our brand new house! And extreme lows - my daughter moved away, and a dear friend moved on to heaven. And through it all were the ups and downs of daily living that we all go through along the way. There have been tears, there has been laughter, deep discussions, and lighthearted banter. It was a year of growth, and a time to figure out what my priorities are and which ones mean the most to focus on.

Now, with a smile and a wave behind me, I'm facing the new year with my shoulders back, my head held high, and with a determination to be appreciative for my wonderful husband and loving family, make healthy choices for my body, use wisdom in my daily life, show gratitude for the many friends have been blessed with and be thankful for my job. This is going to be a great year . . . because I said so!

Good-bye 2009 . . . Hello 2010!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment