Saturday, October 24, 2009

Love Is A New Set of Tires . . . and a back rub . . .


I used to think that the ultimate in romance was having my hubby surprise me when he came home from work carrying a bouquet of flowers. But flowers die, and past experience with a previous husband showed me the harsh reality that sometimes flowers are merely an expression of guilt and a very shallow attempt to make the giver feel better about whatever sin has been committed. I still love flowers, but not perhaps often, or as the ultimate in romance. They are pretty, they smell nice and I love them, but I now know what the ultimate romantic gesture is!

Love is a new set of tires! My wonderful husband unexpectedly ordered me a new set of tires for the winter, because he wants me to be as safe as possible when the weather gets bad. I didn't ask for the tires, I didn't need to. He just knew they were necessary and took care of it. I'll be driving to work confident that I have the best and safest tires available on the market between the road and my car. Now how romantic is that? I am the luckiest woman alive, I'm sure of it.

Oh, and the occasional back rub when I have aches and pains doesn't hurt either. *sigh* I think he needs a hug . . . see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment